Friday, March 29, 2013

Randy Edsall talks Terps football

I'm back from spring break, which means I'll be writing more blog entries and posting more videos.

Wednesday was a very cool day because I got to meet the head coach of the Maryland football team, Randy Edsall. Sure, I go to UMD and I could probably stop by the Gossett Team House to meet him, but it was even more awesome to be part of the "behind the scenes" action as we filmed an interview with him.

My job was to hold the boom mic during the interview, which I was thrilled to do because I contolled the sound quality of the video I would eventually edit.

Here's the first of what will be many video interviews with Coach Edsall. This one is about a scrimmage at Dunbar High School tomorrow.


And here's Kevin Cowherd's column, which he wrote following the interview.

Today I edited a video about the Baltimore School for the Arts production of "Appalachian Spring," a Martha Graham ballet that has never been performed by a high school before. I loved working on this video and I can't wait to share it with you when it goes live in a few weeks (closer to the show dates, April 12 and 13).

Now if you excuse me, I shall be playing Aaron Copeland's score for "Appalachian Spring" nonstop this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment