Friday, April 19, 2013

A most newsworthy day

What an incredible day to finish an internship. News about the manhunt for the Boston Marathon bombing suspect dominates the homepage of the Baltimore Sun's website and plays constantly on CNN. I got a chance to contribute to the coverage by editing this video package. Yvonne Wenger interviewed Boston residents visiting a makeshift memorial at Boylston and Berkley streets, which were essentially deserted during the city lockdown.



Being in the newsroom during times like these is fascinating. Everyone huddles around the TVs when one of the uncles speaks. They share information at their desks but also have water cooler-like chats about the news and its coverage.

I've been following the story on a CNN live stream and Boston police scanners. I grew up in Montgomery Village and I am familiar with the area where the uncles live, so it is especially intriguing for me to imagine the media circus that unfolded in the tiny town.

I will write a wrap-up of my internship in the next week, maybe on Wednesday when I realize I don't have to be anywhere from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. that day!

No comments:

Post a Comment